30 November, 2011

Chicago Tardis - Daleks, Robots & Stuff

As mentioned in an earlier post, this was the first Doctor Who convention I ever attended, and the first convention I had been to since Gen Con moved from Milwaukee. I really wasn't sure what to expect but am happy to say I was thrilled with my experience. Not only were the costumes people wore amazing, there were a lot of props, entertainment and fun. In this collection of photos, I try to express the further bits of fun my sons and I were able to experience.

K-9 Was found wandering around. Quite probably looking for the Doctor; there were plenty to find.


One of the many Daleks wandering around. Quite probably looking for the Doctor as well.


One of the really old school robot villains, the Quarks.


Amy Pond taking in the convention along with her daughter.


Everyone had to check in, that included the Daleks.


My son had a bad run in with one of the wandering Daleks.


Fortunately the Tardis arrived and chased the Dalek away.


Another Dalek wandering around. This one looking for Winston Churchill.


A random photo at the convention. Everyone is happier the Daleks have been dispensed with.


THE DA-LEKS HAVE NOT BEEN BEA-TEN. WE WILL BE BACK AT THE NEXT CHI-CA-GO TAR-DIS. AND YOU WILL ALL BE EX-TER-MIN-A-TED!

No comments:

Post a Comment